Friday, July 23, 2010
Friday five: songs for supportive relationships
All of these songs can be used to discuss friendships/relationships/and support.
1. I Am A Rock by Simon and Garfunkel. This song is great for setting up the discussion of why supportive relationships are so important. In this song, a person isolates himself because he believes friendships only cause pain. In your discussion, debate this opinion. List the benefits of having good relationships.
2. Help! by The Beatles. Talk about different places/people you can go to for help. I don't mean just friends and family, but hospitals/support groups/church/etc.
3. Gift Of A Friend by Demi Lovato. Discuss the qualities of a friend.
4. Thank You by Dido. This song is a great segue into writing thank you letters for people who have been supportive in our lives. We must communicate to our supports why they are so important in our lives and how we appreciate them!
5. You've Got A Friend by James Taylor.